About Falcon Trails Resort
Since 1996, this family-run resort in the Whiteshell Provincial Park has been welcoming guests year round to enjoy private cabins, magnificent views, friendly people and the beauty of the Boreal Forest and Precambrian Shield. It is a perfect mix of wilderness and rustic luxury.
Picture yourself in one of our 13 cabins overlooking the southern shores of Falcon Lake. Enjoy an evening in a private hot tub, snuggle up by a wood-burning fireplace, canoe on calm waters, hike to ‘top of the world’ for a breathtaking view, or experience absolute solitude at one of our award winning remote High Lake cabins.
Complimentary canoes and cross country skis provided!
Love the earth while you vacation at Falcon Trails where our policy is to minimize human impact on the environment while we enjoy – and sustain – the great outdoors.
Craig, Barb and their daughters – Emily, Caleigh and Brooke – and the Falcon Trails team look forward to welcoming you to our amazingly accessible bit of Canadian paradise just two hours east of Winnipeg.
What are we?
We are a family run resort in the Whiteshell Provincial Park, offering guests lake-front rental cabins, remote-access eco cabins, a conference center, a wedding venue, a fully operating ski hill, over 25 kms of maintained hiking, biking, and x-country ski trails, a live music venue, experiential tours, retreats and more!
We are located on Falcon Lake, Manitoba- just off the #1 highway, a 1.5 hour drive east from Winnipeg- about 15 minutes from the Manitoba/Ontario border.
Once you turn off the #1 Highway into Falcon Lake, take the South Shore Road along the south end of the lake (past the golf course and the lumber yard). We are located right at the end of the road, about a 15 minute drive from the highway.
Contact us to book your vacation at Falcon Trails Resort
To book, we will require the following information:
- Full name
- Contact info (mailing address, phone number, e-mail address)
- Preferred dates
- Preferred cabin
- The number of people who will be in the cabin
- A valid VISA or MC number for the required 50% deposit
All of our cabins at Falcon Trails are strictly pet free, except for the Sunrise and Eagle cabins (on Falcon Lake).
- An additional charge of $15/dog/night is applied
- Dogs must be kept off the furniture in the cabin
- Dogs must be cleaned up after inside and outside the cabin
- Dogs must be kept on a leash and kept under control (keep barking to a minimum)
- Dogs must not be left alone in the cabin
Falcon Trails celebrates the unique location of the resort by embracing a progressive environmental ethic.
The following initiatives are a few ways that Falcon Trails works together with our guests to minimize our impact:
- All Natural Cleaning Products: we use non-toxic, biodegradable cleaning products to maintain all our Falcon Trails and High Lake cabins.
- Well-insulated cabin design to save heating energy
- Passive solar lighting utilizing large windows on the southern wall.
- Cold-water washing with phosphate-free detergent for all laundry.
- Composting and recycling program to minimize household waste.
- Naturally focused landscaping embracing the local habitat.
- Native plant garden.
At the High Lake Eco Cabins – winner of the Tourism Manitoba Eco Tourism award in 2003 – we have implemented a number of steps to sustain the pristine lake and environment:
- Built using largely reclaimed or local materials
- ‘Remote Access’ to avoid habitat destruction and to promote sustainable transport alternatives (walking, running, biking, cross country skiing)
- Solar-powered electricity.
- Gravity-fed water supply.
- State-of-the art composting toilets
Falcon Trails pursues these efforts to respect and sustain our environment for ourselves and future generations to live, work and play. We’d love to hear from you if you have any comments or suggestions on how we can further reduce our ecological footprint.
If you cancel with 30 days or more notice, we will refund your deposit minus a $25.00 administration fee ($100.00 for July and August bookings).
If you cancel with less than 30 days notice, your deposit is refundable, minus a $25.00 ($100.00 for July and August) administration fee ONLY if we can rebook the cabin; otherwise, your deposit is forfeited.
If you cancel with less than 7 days notice, you will be charged the full value of your stay UNLESS we are able to re-book the cabin, in which case you would only be charged the $25 admin fee ($100 for July and August bookings).
Minimum Night Stay
For most of the year there is a minimum of 2 nights stay. On long weekends it is 3 night minimum, and in July and August we rent the cabins for week long stays (7 nights) only.
We will rent for one night stays only if there is last minute availability. The one night rate is listed separately on our rates page.
Falcon Trails Resort was started in 1996 by three couples: Barb Hamilton and Craig Christie, Rich and Lois Pettit and Mike and Yuki Vlasman. The area has played host to a operational government-run ski hill since 1959. When the government made plans to close the ski hill down in the mid-90's, the three couples put together a proposal to develop rental cabins in order to bring the area and the ski hill back to life. The cabins were all lovingly designed and built by the owners themselves.
Over the years the resort has expanded and evolved, but remained true to the original mandate of creating a resort which is focused on providing a nature infused get-away for all walks of life. Today, Barb and Craig are the last remaining owners of the resort, Who run the show with their three daughters; Emily, Caleigh, and Brooke.